Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Walshes Series by Kate Canterbary

Underneath It All (The Walshes, #1)Underneath It All by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a racy, provocative read with lots of rough play and raw emotions, as well as a touch of humor. I pretty much wanted to bite Matthew about as much as he always wanted to constantly bite Lauren. Yum. Architect and school teacher. Nice combo (says the former school teacher who would like to meet a nerdy, intelligent architect).

This story has a strong, independent female lead (Lauren). It was a nice change of pace for Matthew to push for more with Lauren, while she was off busy conquering the world and pursuing her dreams. He also never asks or expects her to stop doing that, despite him wanting to have more of her in his life, which was refreshing.

The extended families were both interesting, so I look forward to getting to know them all even more in the next books.

The Space Between (The Walshes, #2)The Space Between by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Andy's open enthusiasm and determination, versus Patrick's growly, no nonsense nature. This was a strong pairing, and there's a lot of romantic tension that creates a feeling of impatience in the reader, despite the fact that this book delivers pretty quickly.

The narration for the whole series if by Christian Fox and Lucy Rivers. Lucy is excellent, easy to listen to and understand, with a vibrant and emotional voice. Christian Fox has a deep voice that is super sexy, but it comes across a bit growly and mumbly at times. However, I'm sure if you listen at regular speeds you will have no problem understanding him, whatsoever. I just have a brain that works fast, so I like to listen at faster speeds (between 2.5 and 3), which is a bit more difficult with Christian, especially if listening while driving. There's just enough of a low hum in his voice that blurs some of the words together if you aren't paying close attention. So either listen in easy to hear situations, and/or keep your speed at a more reasonable level than I do.


Necessary Restorations (The Walshes, #3)Necessary Restorations by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely adore Sam and would read more books about him, and Tiel was the perfect companion to ground him, while at the same time pushing his limits and bringing him out of his shell more. This was a complex, layered read, full of angst and conflicting emotions. Plus, it's both cuddly to the max and also still sensual.

Both characters had a lot of shit to deal with and get over, in order to successfully be together, but even when it was frustrating watching them get in their own way, it was also rewarding watching life prove some of their theories wrong and forcing them to grow together.

I need a Walsh in my life. These guys are so steamy, and I think I could be good friends with the ladies, as well. I'm enjoying seeing the family dynamics change and learning more about the other siblings. I can't wait until Riley has his story, as I think his siblings totally underestimate him and I expect some amazing things when he gets his turn at love.

The Cornerstone (The Walshes, #4)The Cornerstone by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy yum. This was full of fire, and I finally understand Shannon on a whole new level that just made me absolutely adore her. She so strong and tough, and I am happy she found an equal in Will. I also love how he sees her soft sides and wants to protect her, even when she doesn't need it. Super sweet.

I think with every new book that I read, I fall more in love with this whole family.


Restored (The Walshes, #5)Restored
by Kate Canterbary

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was really excited about a second book for Sam and Tiel, but I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as I expected. I still love them both and enjoyed having more time in their world, but it fell just a bit short of my expectations, for some reason.


The Spire (The Walshes, #6)The Spire by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved how unusual and nontraditional this romance story was. Making a long distance relationship work is difficult, so starting a relationship out followed by immediate distance for extended periods of time has to be even harder. Both literally and figuratively. ;)

I appreciated how patient Nick is. He never asks or expects Erin to be someone that she isn't, which is refreshing. She keeps her life, career, travels, and studies, while somehow, they learn to make it all work. While relationship is about compromise, sometimes it's also about letting both people get what they need and want and accepting some of the difficulties that come with that.

I really enjoyed this one. The male narration is still a bit too muffled for me, but otherwise a great read.


Preservation (The Walshes, #7)Preservation by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Riley's story. It's fun and sexy, and it's nice getting inside his head, finally. Also, he's hung up on someone he shouldn't be, because she showed him some kindness during a dark point in his life. I can totally relate to that, and I'm glad when he comes out on the other end and sees things for what they are.

Initially, Riley was a bit of an underdog in this series, but I think he actually edged his way in above Sam in my affections.

No comments:

Post a Comment