Sunday, October 27, 2019

Clashing Colors Series by Elin Peer

Violet (Clashing Colors #2)Violet by Elin Peer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the most bizarre series, which I'm really enjoying, and I am seriously a big fan of Elin Peer. She writes such interesting stories that don't feel repetitive of everything else I've read, which can be hard especially in the romance genre and because I read a lot.

Book one was kind of crazy, and book two took things in a whole different yet interesting direction. These 2 characters, at their core, have very different beliefs and values, so watching them try to reconcile that kept things tense and emotional.

What I like most is that when I open each new book in this series, I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Then, just once I think I'm settling into the story and know what's going on, there's always something throw in that takes me absolutely by surprise. I like that.

The narration for the audiobook is by Noelle Bridges and John Masterson, and they do an excellent job. I enjoy the contrast between the two readers.


Green (Clashing Colors #3)Green by Elin Peer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another enjoyable opposites attract story in the Clashing Colors series. I occasionally wanted to smack the male lead, while also being amused and charmed by him. He was a handful, but also fun and sweet.

The female lead is feisty and emotional. My only one minor complaint is that they both wasted too much time bouncing around with other partners that weren't that well-developed, so I could have used less of that. Otherwise, it was a good read. I am really enjoying how different this series is from other contemporary romance.


Blue (Clashing Colors #4)Blue by Elin Peer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this one! It's so funny, sexy, and sweet, another opposites attract situation. There's a theme of hidden identities, as well as some delicious Scottish yumminess. Plus, bonus phone sex between strangers, playing out sexual fantasies, a damaged hero, a psych major heroine determined to make a difference, and plenty of twin drama.

I gave this 4 stars originally, but I think it actually deserves 4.5, so I've gone ahead and rounded up. It was my favorite in the series so far.


Yellow (Clashing Colors #5)Yellow by Elin Peer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such an unlikely couple, which made this an engaging read. I especially loved how this novel tied in the title, as well as the series title. It's like the whole thing came full circle, and I really enjoyed that.

This one has lots of drama and silly mix-ups, as well as a twin swap that amused me. Both characters had to reevaluate who they were and what they really wanted in life. It made for an interesting journey, though I do wish they had stayed in the woods longer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment