Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu

CarmillaCarmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How much do I love that an erotic, gothic, Victorian horror novel about vampires existed even almost 150 years ago? So much. So very much.

The Audible production (narrated by Phoebe Fox, Rose Leslie, David Tennant, David Horovitch, James Wilby, Susan Wooldridge, Hannah Genesius) of this almost 150 year old masterpiece is absolutely incredible! It’s so atmospheric and engaging that it just drew me right in. I have to confess, I expected that I wasn’t going to enjoy this classic story, which is known for having influenced Stoker’s Dracula, but I was totally captivated by both the story and this special Audible original production.

This story definitely withstands the tests of time, so it’s totally fair to call it a classic. It is short, but don’t just read it in print. If you have the opportunity to experience this production, it is absolutely worth it. As a bonus, it is one of the free original picks for Audible members for October 2019, so if you are a member, make this one of your picks this month. If you aren’t a member, then what are you waiting for? Go forth and get an Audible membership, and this audiobook, so that you can begin to understand how addictive and life-enriching audiobooks really are.

I’m giving 4 stars for the story on its own, but the Audible original production deserves 5 stars. Honestly, it probably deserves 7 stars, but that isn't allowed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment