Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Black by Elin Peer

Black (Clashing Colors #1)Black by Elin Peer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What the fuck even was that?

description

I could not even believe what I was reading.

description

But clearly, I kept on reading, like a serial killer watching a crime scene. I just couldn’t look away.

description


I picked this up, because I read the Men of the North series by this author, which made me want to read all of her novels, and this one just came out of the blue and side smacked me across the face with a shovel. I have rarely been so absolutely stunned when reading a story. I just don’t even know how to put anything that I felt into words.


It ranged from curious:

description


To absolutely dumbfounded:

description


To strangely excited, though I didn’t want to admit it:

description


To shocked:

description


To slightly disgusted:

description

To outraged:

description


To strangely turned on:

description


Back to momentarily disgusted:

description


To shocked again:

description


And then back to accidentally turned on again:

description


Followed by really into this:

description

And concluding with the most traditional ending ever for a truly nontraditional story, which made me feel all:

description


I still don’t know what in the hell I just read, but clearly I liked the majority of this weird, messy, totally unexpected shit that occurred, even though if it had happened to anyone I know in real life, I’d have advised them to run the fuck away and report malpractice to the feds.

But it wasn’t in real life, so instead I watched this shit go down like:

description


The narration by Noelle Bridges and John Masterson is spot on. John has a nice, deep, sexy voice, and Noelle reads with a lot of emotion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment