Saturday, October 5, 2019

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

The Scorpio RacesThe Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brilliant. Gorgeous. Frightening. Fierce.

The definition of love. The explanation of longing. The reason why humanity is enthralled by that which cannot be tamed or owned. The exploration of loss. The justification for facing down fears and having courage in light of unimaginably poor odds. The argument for both digging up your roots and letting them grow deeper. This story is everything all at once.

It is one of my favorite standalone YA fantasy novels and audiobooks of all time. It just has so much texture, depth, and heart. Plus it's brutal, which is always a hit with me. This is definitely one of the books I'd grab, if I were to be stranded on a deserted island with only 10 books to read for the rest of my life.

The narration by Steve West and Fiona Hardingham is to die for. I would listen to them every day and be delighted if they would decide to narrate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment