Monday, October 21, 2019

Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward

Drunk DialDrunk Dial by Penelope Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This started out so great! And who hasn't been there and done that with the crazy drunk dial that you should live to regret? This cracked me up, but quickly became sweet and supportive.

Some of the stuff that occurred in the 2nd half of the book didn't seem quite as compelling and necessary to me, but I still enjoyed the story overall, even if things were occasionally a bit convoluted.

I think it's really that I could have used for the character development to be a bit deeper and stronger, rather than just hinging on some big tragic events. I wanted to get more into the deep dark sides of who the characters really were, and while things got complicated, it all stayed a bit too surface-level for me. I wanted it to dig deeper and brush off some of the surface moments and tricks which created drama but didn't always lead to the right emotional connections that I was craving.

Don't get me wrong. I still enjoyed the story and am glad that I read it. I just couldn't help wishing for just a bit more from it.

The audiobook is narrated by Andi Arndt, who is always fantastic and brings a bit of extra life and emotion to every story.

No comments:

Post a Comment