Saturday, October 12, 2019

Resisting Roots, Sacred Serenity by Audrey Carlan

Resisting RootsResisting Roots by Audrey Carlan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I recently discovered Audrey Carlan after reading Calendar Girl series (if you have not read that yet, I suggest you do, very different romance book but still great!). This book hooked me in very fast. The story over all was very good.

Genevieve ~ Is a hard working, caring, loving woman he has put her siblings before herself. She is making the most out of her life that she can after her parents pass away and she has to take care of her siblings. She works a few jobs to help pay for things. She doesn't like to take people's help and thinks that she needs to do this all on her own.

Trent ~ is the cocky baseball player that gets hurt and ends up at the Lotus House Yoga Center for recuperation. He begins to fall her fast, but has to push past all her walls and prove that he wants to be with her and help her out.

This is narrated by Holly Chandler and Jacob Morgan, they do a great job together.

View all my reviews

Sacred Serenity (Lotus House #2)Sacred Serenity by Audrey Carlan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book even more than the first one, because Amber know what she wanted from life and what she was willing to do with out a committed relationship and she stayed with that through out this whole book. A lot of times you seen a female lead just give into what the guys wants.

Amber ~ was a very sweet and kind person. She only had her grandma because she lost her mother at child birth and didn't know who he father was. It was very easy to see where the secret of this book was going, but I was still very pleased with the way that it all worked out for her. To see her finally find out more about her mother and her past. She knows what she wants and what she will not take and she sticks with it through out this whole book.

Dash ~ is the love guru and never thought he would find that one special person that he would be with the rest of his life. He is very understanding and giving with Amber though out this whole book.

This was narrated by Daxton Shade and Caitlin Elizabeth, they did a great job. I also enjoyed that they picked deterrent narrators from book one.

View all my reviews

Unfortunately, at this point and time I am not moving onto the third book. I started it but was just not being pulled in by either character. However, I am hoping to go back and give it another try at some point because there is a lot more in this series yet that I would like to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment