Saturday, October 26, 2019

Julia Kent Books

FluffyFluffy by Julia Kent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this up to read, because the premise was just absolutely hilarious. I'm pleased to report that the story is also funny. I enjoyed the silliness paired with deeper emotions. It added some nice variety and depth, which made my reading experience better.

Unfortunately, this took some random, windy paths through the middle of the story that weren't quite as interesting and compelling to me, but overall, it was still a good read.

The audiobook version is particularly cute. It's narrated by Erin Mallon, who does a good job of adding some additional personality to the voice of the story.


Little Miss PerfectLittle Miss Perfect by Julia Kent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was okay, if you just really like backstory. It's not really a full story, more like a snippet. I was hoping for something a bit more satisfying. Unless you are just obsessed with book one, you can probably skip this. It doesn't provide much more in the way of depth or character development, and the basis of what happens in this novella was already referenced in book one.


PerkyPerky by Julia Kent
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The premise was interesting, and the start of the book was good. The ending was sexy. It's pretty much everything that is in between that I felt meh about. This whole storyline just went nowhere fast. I was really excited for all that could have been done with this, and instead, it just drags on rehashing the same thing over and over again in as many different ways as possible.

I liked the characters, who were opposites, but even they needed better development and a more enjoyable storyline. They were far too interesting to languish in such boring, repetitive melodrama. I wanted something more intriguing, with more tension.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment