Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland

Mister MoneybagsMister Moneybags by Vi Keeland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Based on the title, I confess I had pretty low expectations going into this story, but I enjoy the authors and wanted to give it a try. The premise was fun and caused a significant amount of mess and conflicting emotions, which kept things interesting.

I would have preferred a bit more realness in the second half and a bit less perfect, classic, storybook ending that everyone is supposed to want. But that's a common complaint with me with romance these days, and it's something a lot of other readers really like. Also, there's one thread of the storyline that I pretty much hated and that felt unnecessary. Unfortunately, that ate up the last 3rd of the book. It was there for drama and conflict, but I could have done without it. It took away from the story more than it added to it.

This was best in the first half, and it lost steam for me in the second half. But overall, it's an enjoyable and sexy read. The narration for the audiobook was good, and the banter between the two main characters was fantastic through the first half of the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment