Thursday, October 17, 2019

Return To Me Series by Corinne Michaels

Say You'll StaySay You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There’s lots of telling and backstory upfront that isn’t helpful to settling into the story, but it ends pretty fast. So just hang in there through that first bit, and this becomes a good read. There are some things that I wish had been handled better or that had more resolution, but overall, I enjoyed the characters and story. Side characters are interesting and deserved more development, especially family members.

I also do enjoy a story with kids.This one is pretty tragic at first, and it is a lot about how Presley has had so little control her whole life, and then she is suddenly forced into a situation where she needs to find some, as well as her voice to speak up for what she wants and needs. Before this story started, Presley was doing a lot of letting life happen to her. Instead of living her life, it was kind of living her, and it takes some pretty dark circumstances for her to acknowledge that and make some big changes. That is what makes this story such an interesting read.

Since I really loved some of the side characters, I wanted more of them, but that could just be me being greedy. Also, this author seems to like the really classic, old-school romance novel endings, which are never my favorite, but it is what it is. It was the journey that mattered to me, not the picture perfect ending.

The audiobook is narrated by Andi Arndt and Sebastian York, which is a classic romance narrator pairing that pretty much makes everyone happy.



I wasn't able to get my hands on the audiobook for book 2, so I had to skip it. Which sucked, because it's the story of my absolutely favorite side character from book one. Sigh. If I can get my hands on it in the future, I will definitely go back and read it. Even though all these characters are from the same world, and it's best to read in order, you could in theory take each story on its own and make it work


Say I'm YoursSay I'm Yours by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

They say this is a second chance romance, but it’s more like 15th chance, not that I’m complaining. I actually got my hands on this book first, as part of a collection, which encouraged me to go back and read book one, as well.

The audiobook is excellent, and I really did enjoy this story, though I confess, there were some moments when I really wanted Grace to make completely different choices than she did. She let people jerk her around a lot, which wasn't an attractive quality. Sometimes, when you get the short end of the stick for 20 years, it's a sign that you should throw the stick out and find a new one. That's all I'm saying.

Narration was spot on, and I enjoyed the story, even though I wish I could have changed a few things, especially in regards to the poor behaviors of the male MC. But that's life. This was one of those romances where what you get isn't always that romantic and often feels like less than you need or want, but you hang on and just hope for the best and the people really can make major changes.


Say You Won't Let Go (Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection; Return to Me, #3.5)Say You Won't Let Go by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not quite as convincing and satisfying as I wanted it to be. But not bad, either.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment