Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Bossman by Vi Keeland

BossmanBossman by Vi Keeland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, with a title like this, I figured that I knew what to expect from this story, but I was mostly wrong. It had more depth and layers than I thought I was going to get, though I could have done with a lot less running away from shit and weird stalking and a lot more stepping up and dealing with issues.

The funny thing about this one, is it has a deep running theme of unaddressed mental health issues with a homeless side character, but neither of the two main characters can seem to understand that they both have some rather serious and unaddressed mental health issues that they should also deal with. That complete judgement of other's issues but lack of awareness or effort to fix their own bothered me some and is why this story can't get 5 stars.

The audiobook was good, though, and the story was sexy. I'm just not sure I believe the 2 are actually going to be happy for long, since neither of them really dealt with their shit in an adult way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment