Friday, October 11, 2019

Now I Rise by Kiersten White

Now I Rise (And I Darken Series, #2)Now I Rise by Kiersten White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a solid follow-up to book one, though it’s a hefty read that is on the slow side, especially in the first half. That’s probably my main complaint, as sometimes I felt like I was making myself pick it up and power through it, rather than just obsessively reading it, which is what I wanted.

I still adore the world and characters, especially the brutality and the way people’s emotions are at odds with their needs and desires. It forces you to walk the fine lines between polarizing opposites, such as good and evil, right and wrong, which keeps things interesting.

I’m definitely moving on to book 3, but I felt more distracted and found myself rewinding more with this one. That could have partly been me, but I also don’t think this one drew me in and held my attention as well as book one.

No comments:

Post a Comment