Monday, October 7, 2019

August by Audrey Carlan

August (Calendar Girl, #8)August by Audrey Carlan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book moves the story in another unexpected direction, and while I appreciate that, there is a part of me that just wants it to wrap up already. Come on, December. Also, while I read a lot of stuff that isn't romance, I picked up this series for the romance and have found it lacking as the series progresses.

The narrator, Summer Morton, does an excellent job. She is crisp and clean in her delivery, while still bringing a lot of emotion to the story. This allows me to listen at faster speeds than usual, which is helpful, as this series had drug on for too long in a way that is starting to become a bit tedious.

I do still really enjoy this overall concept and this reflective journey that our MC, Mia is on. The month by month approach is good, because it's showing how much a person's life can change over the course of the year if they are open to new experiences and relationships. I even love the idea of Max's entry into Mia's life, but it seems like some of the spark has gone missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment