Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The Night Realm by Annette Marie

The Night Realm (Spell Weaver, #1)The Night Realm by Annette Marie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked the premise, overall concept for the world, and the cover. The actually story just fell short of what I wanted and hoped for. I think the storyline could be stronger, as well as the writing. There just needed to be some more real conflict and less melodrama.

I don't dislike this, but I also don't love it enough to move onward in the series. I could have used some stronger character development and a better developed, more believable plot. Also, there's just not as much originality in this as I hoped for, based on the premise.

The audiobook narration by Melissa Moran and Greg Tremblay was solid. I really enjoyed Melissa Moran who is clear, easy to understand, and provides just the right amount of emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment