Sunday, November 3, 2019

The Girl the Sea Gave Back: A Novel by Adrienne Young

The Girl the Sea Gave Back: A NovelThe Girl the Sea Gave Back: A Novel by Adrienne Young
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’m sad. I wanted so much more than this, as I loved SKY IN THE DEEP, but I could never really connect to the characters. Everything felt choppy, and the world building that existed tended to be confusing. It has a gorgeous ending, but most of the rest of the story I was bored or confused and couldn’t emotionally connect to anything. The prose is also beautiful, but unfortunately that just doesn’t result in a well told story.

The audiobook narration is good, by Caitlin Kelly and Dan Bittner.  There's something a bit magical or ethereal feeling in the voice of Kelly that really adds to the female perspective in this story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment