Monday, November 18, 2019

Captivated By The Captain by Amanda Mariel

Captivated By The Captain (Fabled Love #2)Captivated By The Captain by Amanda Mariel
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The writing, plot, character development, and overall storytelling elements are all weak. But hey, pirates. Although, the pirates really are not that exciting or pirate-y, unfortunately.

Overall, this was a swing and a miss for me. I hoped for a gem, but it really fell flat. It's basically emotionless, and none of the characters have any depth. For being such a short book, I couldn't wait for it to end already. Something about it feels way to clinical, and there's just not enough believable adventure and excitement.

Also, this should technically be labeled historical romance, though it didn't feel like there was very much that was historically accurate with this one.

The one thing that I did like was the narrator for the audiobook (James Young).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment