Friday, November 1, 2019

GearShark Series by Cambria Hebert

#Junkie (GearShark, #1)#Junkie by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adore Trent and Drew, and this story has lots of heart. The only thing I don't like is the chopped off cliff-hanger ending that provides no resolution. It makes this feel like an incomplete story, which basically, it is. I guess there's a second thing that I don't like, and that's some of the stereotypes in this story. I could do without those, as well. Otherwise, it's a good read.

The narration is by Luke Itzvic and Guy Locke, both who do a great job.


#Rev (GearShark, #2)#Rev by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second half of Drew and Trent's story, and while I like it fine, I wish these first 2 books had been combined to create one better story. I don't think it all needed to be drug out for so long, especially considering that some things still weren't addressed very well. I think if this had been edited down to the heart of their story, then it could have easily been one book, which would have made it stronger overall.

Despite that, I still read and mostly enjoyed this story. There are some things I wish would have been handled better, but Drew and Trent are both so lovable that it pushed me to look past gaps in the storytelling. It's all pretty predictable, in terms of how things occur, so for needing 2 books to tell their story, I guess I just wished for something more.

This is a 3.5 for me, so I've rounded up to 4 stars.


#Swag (GearShark, #3)#Swag by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There are a lot of elements that I really loved with this story, including two outcasts coming together. It gave us an opportunity to see the softer sides of both. I also thought it was interesting that this addressed a lot of gender and sexism issues, though I do wish the female lead would have handled a few things differently along the way. Despite that, I really enjoyed this story. Things get heated quickly, and there's plenty of clashing.


#Blur (GearShark #4)#Blur by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My favorite in the series so far. Lots of depth and emotional range, with two fantastic main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment