Monday, November 11, 2019

Irin Chronicles Series by Elizabeth Hunter

The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)The Scribe by Elizabeth Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an addictive story, set in fascinating world. The premise is A+. I like everything about the paranormal mystery of this read. Overall, it's a bit light on the romance side (no big deal), with often a fade to black before anything too sexy occurs, but the true buy in on this story is the deep world building and the character development.

The audiobook is narrated by Zachary Webber, who is welcome to read to me any day. He has a very low tone, so it did take me just a bit to adjust. However, once I got use to his reading, I really started to enjoy it, as it seems to match the mood of the story so well.


The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2)The Singer by Elizabeth Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I both enjoyed this one and found it frustrating to read, as what I wanted the most from this story was something I didn't get until almost the end of the book. It was interesting seeing the world grow in new directions, but the storyline and plot didn't feel quite as solid as the previous book. It does a bit more meandering, when you just sort of want everything to come together and move forward.


The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3)The Secret by Elizabeth Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the overall value of where the two main characters started and ended, but I was occasionally confused. It just felt like this storyline was the roughest so far, even though a lot seems to have occurred. Something about it didn't always feel as cohesive and easy to follow as I wanted, though I still love the world and characters. It just somehow gave me a bit less than I wanted in most instances, which wasn't as satisfactory this time around.

Overall, it's still a good series and book, but since I can't get my hands on book 4 right now, I've decided this is a reasonable stopping point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment