Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So much fun to revisit this one! It gave me all the feels all over again. I reread it straight through in one sitting and enjoyed every minute of it. There’s so much that I had forgotten about the story, so I’m glad I decided to revisit the series.

The world building is strong. There’s a really slow burn romance element, and every note is just so perfectly right. Plus, it has an unexpected twist ending that makes you anxious to move on to book two.

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I had trouble putting this one down, so I read it in 24 hours. It has excellent world building and interesting characters. The story is different and fascinating.

I loved the subtle implication that the lines between good and evil, winners and losers, right and wrong, can be so very thin and cloudy.


The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my second read of this fantastic series, and I'm really enjoying revisiting this world and these characters. The whole world really expands in this book, and I adore that.

Book 2 is full of suspense, intrigue, and a serious case of political chess. It also did some really wicked things to all my feels, because nobody can seem to catch a win for more than a few minutes. There are lots of difficult choices made, by different characters, which keeps the story moving in unexpected directions. I wont say more, since this is book two, and I want to avoid any potential spoilers.


The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It was a pleasure to revisit this one. After all that time, I honestly couldn’t remember what was going to happen or how things would work out in the end

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I thought this was a very satisfying end to an enjoyable trilogy.

Pages: 496

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment