Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Sookie Stackhouse Series

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

It’s not bad. It’s just not quite as good as I thought it would be after having this on my TBR for almost 2 decades. I don’t know if I will continue the series. I’m thinking about it, in case this is one of those series where each new book is better than the last, but I’m currently feeling a bit indifferent.

The pacing of this was surprisingly slow, and the storyline was kind of all over the place. I wanted more development of the side characters and more growth in the main characters. I even wanted more world building and clarity on the rules of the world and creatures. There were interesting elements, but this lagged too much to inspire any real emotion in me.

View all my reviews

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay. So this was better than book one, and I started to be a bit more charmed by the world. However, I still don’t love this series, and there are a lot of characters who were underdeveloped and fell flat for me. There’s something about it that just doesn’t capture me, but I can feel improvement, which leaves me wondering if I actually should try out book 3 to see if the series improves again. Maybe it’s just one of those that has to grow on people.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment