Monday, January 13, 2020

Love From A to Z by S.K. Ali

Love From A to ZLove From A to Z by S.K. Ali
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I buzzed straight through this one, and it tugged at all my heartstrings. It has a way of being very informative, current, and relevant, but without feeling like you're being preached at or lectured. I guess what I'm saying is that it makes good points but doesn't hammer you over the head with them, which is good, as I usually find that to be disruptive to the story.

I think YA has a lot of great diversity these days (which I'm excited about), but the universe definitely needed this book. I especially liked the commentary on cultural appropriation, as I think that is something people definitely need to be more aware of and informed about. I also just enjoyed learning more about Muslim beliefs and customs. Some of the different aspects of the religion seem quite beautiful and appealing, and it made me curious to learn more.

Anyway, long story short, I'm happy that this book exists, and I hope that the current generation of teen readers grow up to become more informed, compassionate, and outspoken humans because this book exists.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment