Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Toll by Neal Shusterman

The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)The Toll by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved books one and two so much, so it’s with a heavy heart that I’m giving this 3 stars, and probably feel only 2.5 of them at most. This is long, and not in a delightful way. It’s sort of all over the place, yet it also feels like it’s going nowhere for most of the book. I had no idea what I was even supposed to be rooting for or hoping for, because the plot is random, character intentions are unclear, and there are so many scenes that seem to lead absolutely nowhere.

The pacing probably could be worse, though I’m not quite sure how at this moment, because I’m still so shocked and sad that it felt like a complete chore to read this book. I had to force my way through the last half and was relieved when it was finally over. I mean, there are some great moments here and there. It just isn’t enough to make this feel like an exciting and worthwhile story. Now I have to go, because I kind of want to wallow in despair.

PRE-RELEASE COMMENTS:
I NEED THIS BOOK. RIGHT NOW.

GET IN MY WAY, AND I MAY HAVE TO GLEAN YOU.

RULES SCHMULES.

description

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment