Saturday, December 28, 2019

Roar (Stormheart, #1)

Roar (Stormheart, #1)Roar by Cora Carmack
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I revisited this in preparation for reading RAGE, and I still adore this book and am fascinated by the world. I can't wait to see what happens next.

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I can’t figure out what I’m going to say that will explain how much I loved this story, adored these characters, and was awed by this world of living storms. This YA fantasy has a truly unique magic system that is both captivating and emotional.

I have hearts in my eyes for this story, and it’s impairing my ability to review it. This is one of those books that has an absolutely amazing cover, and you worry that will be misleading and disappointing. It isn’t. The story as every bit as fabulous as the moody cover.

It does wrap itself around towards a partial conclusion, while still managing to end at a point that leaves you desperate for the next book.

I listened to the audiobook, which was excellent. I enjoyed it so much that even though I borrowed it from the library, I will definitely buy this one, both to support the author in her work, and because I know I will read this one again.

I love that feeling when a new world becomes so enthralling that you want nothing more than to exist inside it, and you can barely function outside of it, until you reach the conclusion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment