Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Summer Series by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)The Summer I Turned Pretty
by Jenny Han

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed revisiting this one. It’s such a great story of summer, growing up, firsts, and dealing with hardship. It’s deliciously angsty, and yet still so young and hopeful.


It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every time I read this series, it completely shreds my fragile heart, and yet I keep picking it back up to read it again, just for those brief moments that give me some hope that are tucked carefully inside all the corners of the sharp edges of grief.

So yeah. I like it. Just like people like paying taxes, which is not at all in the moment, but when you're driving across a safe bridge, picking up a new book at the library, or dialing 911 for some assistance in a terrible moment, then everything looks pretty different, and you kind of do like paying taxes. So yeah. I liked it like that--where it feels like there's nothing inside me but hurt and ache, and then I suddenly remember that there's some flashes of good inside all of the hurt that almost make it worth it.


We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It ends well but almost feels too fast after everything I went through. I mean, everything the characters went through, of course. ;)

It has been fun revisiting this trilogy, or maybe fun is the wrong word. It has been emotionally overwhelming to reread this trilogy, but apparently, I like having all the stressful feels. If I'm not exhausted at the end of a book, then who even am I?

The audiobook narrator (Jessica Almasy)for this series has a high pitch that took me some time to adjust to, but once I did, I really enjoyed her narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment